Type: The Chevrolet Blazer is a 5 seater SUV that is the largest 5 seater SUV in the family, compared to the smaller Chevrolet Trax & Equinox. The Blazer is similar in size to the Honda Passport, the Ford Edge, Hyundai Santa Fe, Jeep Grand Cherokee, & Nissan Murano.
2020 Blazer Review Video
Vehicle Insurance Rates
The Chevrolet Blazer 2020 is a great reincarnation of the old Blazer. The new model is inspired by the Camaro, and becomes a great option once you begin to equip it with a better engine and safety packages. This is a finance oriented vehicle, with 0% rates occurring frequently throughout the year.
Chevrolet Blazer 2020 Canada specs:
Seating: 5 passengers
Price: CDN $35,098
Fuel economy: 11.3/8.9 L/ 100 KM City/Highway
Horsepower: 193hp , 230 hp , 308 hp
Engine: 2.5L V4, 2.0L Turbo V4, and 3.6L V6
Highlights for the Chevrolet Blazer 2020
- This is the second year for the first generation Blazer,which was released in 2019
- The additional of a middle tier 2.0L Turbo engine improves available horsepower in midlevel trims
- Stop-start engine functionality can now be disabled with a button
Pros & Cons
- Infotainment system is quick and responsible
- Nimble ride
- Aggressive looking exterior and interior styling
- Base engine is boring
- Less cargo space compared to that in the Honda Passport and Jeep Grand Cherokee
- The base “L” trim does not come with standard safety features
- Poor rear visibility
Frequently Asked Questions
The Blazer RS includes the standard 3.6L V6 engine with 305 horsepower, 20″ aluminum rims, power liftgate, heated steering wheel, ambient interior lighting, an upgraded infotainment screen, and navigation.
The Premier is the highest trim of the Chevrolet Blazer, and it includes every feature possible on the Blazer, including front ventilated seats, rear heated seats, wireless charging, and all safety features.
There is no SS variant available for the Blazer. This is the performance trim that is seen in the Camaro, with a standard V8 engine.
The Blazer is larger in size than the Equinox. It is still a 5 seater, however it has more room in the cargo area. It is about the same size as the Jeep Grand Cherokee.
The Blazer seats 5, whereas the Chevrolet Traverse seats 7 or 8 passengers. The Blazer is slightly smaller than the Traverse in terms of total size.