Type: The Chevrolet Traverse is a 7 seater SUV in Chevrolet’s lineup, which is small than the Chevrolet Suburban, and Chevrolet Tahoe. The Traverse competes against the Honda Pilot, Mazda CX 9, Volkswagen Atlas, Subaru Ascent, Dodge Durango, Ford Explorer, & Nissan Pathfinder.
2020 Traverse Review Video
Vehicle Insurance Rates
The Traverse 2020 is a great vehicle if you need space for 7, and a reliable engine for towing a trailer or just hauling a family. At the cost of the power-train, the vehicle is less equipped with features compared to the competition, and makes it pricey to equip it with the standard safety features we’d like.
Seating: 7 passengers
Price: CDN $36,098
Fuel economy: FWD 8.8/13.0 L/100 KM (city/highway), AWD 9.6/13.6 L/100 KM (city/highway)
Horsepower: 310 hp
Engine: 3.6L V6
Highlights for the 2020 Chevrolet Traverse
- Improved base navigation and infotainment system
- Part of the second generation of Traverse, released in 2018
- Improved base engine to 3.6L V6 for better power and towing
Pros & Cons
- 3rd row is quite spacious for the size of the SUV
- Infotainment system is excellent – with WIFI packages available ( for around $10/GB Canadian)
- Far more aggressive looking than previous generations
- We wish there were more basic safety features on the base models
- Not as feature rich as the Nissan Pathfinder or Honda Pilot
- Vehicle is not often available for a competitive lease payment, compared to other 7 seaters.
Frequently Asked Questions
The RS package across the Chevrolet lineup is mainly an appearance package featuring blacked out emblems, a spoiler on certain car models, black rims, and roof racks.
The towing capacity ranges from 1500 lb with the V4 turbo engine up to 3500 lb with a V6 engine. If you’re going to have a full load of passengers and cargo it’s probably not best to try telling with the base before engine – you will need to upgrade to the V6.
The High Country is a trim above the Premier. It offers many standard features including all wheel drive forward frontal breaking as well as adaptive cruise control.
The premier is the second highest trim level in the Chevrolet Traverse so much more standard equipment compared to what is available in the LT model.
The Redline edition offers 20 inch gloss black rims with red accent black door handles, as well as black emblems on the exterior of a car. It is mainly an appearance package.
The Traverse for 20/20 is actually bigger than the GMC Acadia with the larger wheel base as well as cargo capacity. The Acadia is now available as a 5-7 seater, whereas the Traverse the standard 7 seater.
Check out the official Chevrolet site.
See all the deals of the month on our main article.
Browse and compare all models by Chevrolet.