The Chevrolet Spark is a tiny 5 seater hatchback and is the smallest vehicle in all of Chevrolet and GM’s lineup. This vehicle exists to solicit the pricepoint against the Nissan Micra, Honda Fit, & Toyota Yaris. This vehicle is almost always the wrong choice if you’re looking for a great starter vehicle in Ontario.
2020 Spark Review Video
Vehicle Insurance Rates
The Spark 2020 is a vehicle that exists to lock down a price point against other manufacturers in the entry level market. With almost no incentives ever, a lack of power, and resale value, you’re better off walking into a larger sedan or entry level SUV on a good lease deal.
Chevrolet Spark 2020 Canada specs:
Type: Compact Hatchback
Seating: 5 passengers
Price: Starting from CDN $9,998, although you probably won’t find one equipped below $17,999 at the dealership.
Fuel economy: 6.2L/100KM on Highway
Horsepower: 98 hp
Engine: 1.4L V4 Ecotech engine with a CVT transmission
Highlights for the Chevrolet Spark 2020
- No groundbreaking changes in the segment – how much can you really fit into this little car?
- Based on the 2015, second generation release of the vehicle.
Pros & Cons
- Easy to drive
- Excellent fuel economy
- Super tiny – you’ll wish you had more room…especially in the trunk!
- Engine has no power, and it doesn’t feel as much fun to drive in the winter.
- Rear passenger room is cramped
- The base model that’s advertised is so poorly equipped, you won’t find this vehicle for less than $17,000 at the dealership