The Hyundai Ioniq is a 5 seater hybrid sedan that gives a more fuel efficient option to shoppers who aren’t fans of the Ford Fusion Hybrid, or Toyota Prius. The Ioniq is almost exclusively advertised with finance specials over a weekly term.
None Posted this month
Ioniq Review Video
Vehicle Insurance Rates
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Canada specs:
Type: Hybrid Hatchback Car
Seating: 5 passengers
Price: CDN $37,899
Fuel economy: 4.2 City/4.0 Hwy/4.1 Combined
Engine: 1.6L 4-cylinder Gas + 88kW electric motor (200km range)
The Hyundai Ioniq comes with 3 separate powertrains,with a hybrid option, and 2 electric options with varying battery capacities. The Electric Plus trim supports level 3 charging which can power the Ioniq to a range of 200km in only 35 minutes.
Highlights for the 2020 Hyundai Ioniq
- The SEL Tech package is now standard on the SEL model which provides foglights, sunroof, power driver’s seat, 8-speaker Infinity audio system.
- The vehicle is still based off the first generation model which was released in 2017
Pros & Cons
- Incredible Fuel Economy and the regenerative braking is smooth
- Huge trunk and cargo area
- Regenerative breaking is not as smooth as other models like the Chevrolet Bolt or Tesla
- Fuel economy is prioritized over ride comfort
The Ioniq 2020 is Hyundai’s answer to the Toyota Prius and it competes well in fuel economy and price point. For the hybrid and Prius fans, the Ioniq provides a lackluster driving experience. It tries to make up for it with a sport driving mode at the cost of increased battery usage. If you want to learn about other brands and models, click here.
Learn more about other electric car & hybrids.
Check out the official Hyundai site here.
See all the deals of the month in our main article.
See more Hyundai models.