Type: The Hyundai Sonata is a 5 seater midsize sedan – the largest car in Hyundai’s lineup. Its mostly advertised on finance specials, and competes against the Chevrolet Malibu, Toyota Camry, Ford Fusion, and Honda Accord.
Sonata Review Video
Vehicle Insurance Rates
2020 Hyundai Sonata Canada specs:
Type: Mid size sedan, 4 doors
Seating: 5 passengers
Price: CDN $24,899
Fuel economy: 7.1 – 10.4 City/HWY combined
Horsepower: 185 – 245 hp
Engine: 2.4L 4-cylinder or 2.0L Turbo 4-cylinder
The Hyundai Sonata’s base SE trim provides the 2.4L engine which is quite underpowered. Although it gets great fuel economy, the Sonata priorizes features and tech over powertrain.
Highlights for the 2020 Sonata
- Completely redesigned for 2020 with a much more refined exterior and better standard safety tech
Pros & Cons
- Fuel economy is better than that of other midsize sedans
- Huge trunk for a fullsize (although the back passenger seats are compromised because of this
- Irritating trunk with no physical release button on the vehicle – you can only open it with the remote
- Base model is not keyless entry or push to start compared to other models in segment
- Lacking engine and performance
The Sonata 2020 is an overall good vehicle with a strong finance offer if you are looking for a commuter car with occasional passengers and the need for cargo space. The Sonata is the car for you if you care more about tech and features than drive, as the upgraded engine is only available on the higher level trims. If you want to learn about other brands and models, click here.
Match with A Top Sonata Consultant Near You
Quickly match with the top reps of your desired brand. Conquest actively works with the top 10% of sales consultants in the city based on dealership reviews, monthly performance.
Learn more about other electric car & hybrids.
Check out the official Hyundai site.
See all the deals of the month on our main article.
Browse more models from Hyundai.