2020 Tundra Review Video
Vehicle Insurance Rates
Toyota Tundra 2020 Canada specs
Price: Starting from CDN $40,650
Fuel economy: 17.7/13.6/15.9 L/100km (city/ highway/combined)
Horsepower: 381 hp
Engine: 5.7L V8 engine with 6 speeds
Highlights for the Toyota Tundra 2020
- The upgraded infotainment system now includes connectivity to Android Auto and Apple Carplay.
- Toyota has removed the base V8 engine in favour of a more powerful engine
- Despite appearance and cabin upgrades, the truck still runs off a powertrain and frame designed from 2007. This means great reliability and resale.
Pros & Cons
- Great power from the new V8
- Toyota Safety sense is available on even the base models. The Tundra is one of the only trucks that allow these features at a cheap price point!
- The TRD models are a unique offroad offering, without shelling out for a Ford Raptor.
- Trims are simple and straight forward. It’s easier to get the truck you want.
- The engine and transmission are reliable, however the are not great on gas.
- Less trims mean you have less options compared to the ways you can equip a Silverado or Sierra.
Frequently Asked Questions
The diesel engine is a 5.7 litre V8 Cummins that produces 555 lb of torque and 310 hp. the 5.7 litre V8 gas engine produces 401 pound feet of torque. The diesel engine will be a better option if you will be using the truck for heavy duty towing or trailering. Don’t opt for the engine if you’re just looking for better fuel economy, since the upcharge to the diesel will take a few years to pay back if you’re counting it against dollars saved at the pump
The Tundra TRD provide suspension enhancements, upgraded tires & rims, front tow hooks, TRD floor mats, and more aggressive styling, however it does not come standard with a lift. There are aftermarket lift kits that you can add onto TRD Tundra
The Tundra is a full size pickup truck, and the Tacoma is a midsize pickup truck Both are available with a TRD package and are capable of Towing different payload sizes. The Tundra comes with a V8 engine option which the Tacoma does not have.
The tundra is made in the United States in Texas with over 73% of the trucks parts coming right from the USA.
Learn more about other 5 seater SUV’s.
See all the deals of the month on our main article.
Browse all models by Toyota.