Type: The GMC Sierra 1500 is a full size pickup truck, notably larger than it’s little brother, the GMC Canyon. The Sierra competes directly against the Chevrolet Silverado, Nissan Titan, Toyota Tundra, Dodge Ram 1500, and Ford F150.
2020 Sierra Review Video
Vehicle Insurance Rates
The 2020 Sierra is a versatile truck that offers different engine options for all driving or towing needs. There are plenty of new appearance packages and trim levels available in the city for 2020, however they come at an added price, and tougher availability.
Type: Full Size Pickup
Seating: 5-6 passengers
Price: Starting from CDN $31,798
Fuel economy:14.3/10.6 L/100km (city and highway)
Horsepower: 285 hp, 310 hp, 355 hp, 420 hp, 277hp
Engine: 4.3L V6, 2.7L Turbo V4, 5.3L V8, 6.2L V8, 3.0L V6 Diesel Engine
Highlights for the 2020 GMC Sierra 1500
- New 3.0L Diesel engine available, as well as a 2.7L Turbo that was specially designed for the truck
- Bed cameras and trailer camera improvements – great for hitching!
- 10 speed transmission now available
- More inventory available in the GTA this year
Pros & Cons
- High resale value and residual value which means a great lease payment
- The V8 engine is hugely fuel economic, and can shut down to 2 cylinders depending on the driving requirements. This means you always have the right amount of power and save on fuel
- Great looking entry level elevation trims
- Plenty of standard tie downs and great towing cameras and infotainment features to make hitching much easier.
- Way too many trims! GM Canada offers far too many customization options on their trucks, with different trims, packages, and options. This means the inventory that is sent out in their regional marketing is usually tough to find in stock. It’s also difficult to compare these trucks against other dealer trims or brands if you’re trying to figure out which may be a better deal for you.
- More expensive than other full size trucks for less standard features
- Interior isn’t as impressive as Dodge’s new Ram 1500 design
Learn more about other pickup trucks.
Check out the official GMC site.
See all the deals of the month on our main article.
Browse and compare all models from GMC.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Sierra AT4 is GMC’s answer to the Toyota Tundra TRD. the vehicle comes with a 2 inch lift standard from the factory, tuned Rancho monotube shock absorbers for off-roading, a locking rear differential, hill descent control, as well as front red tow-hook and styling.
The Denali offers powertrain upgrades including the standard 6.2 litre V8 engine as well as Magnetic Ride Control for better driving comfort. it also brings edition of standard features such a spray-on bedliner, wireless charging, park assist, heated steering wheel, chrome steps, and chrome accents around the exterior of the vehicle.
The elevation brings standard blackout styling to the body, upgraded black rims, heated driver mirrors, a remote locking tailgate LED headlights and taillights, as well as a tint to the glass.
For 2020, the Sierra 1500 is now available with a 3.0 L inline V6 diesel engine that produces 460 lb of torque. This diesel engine was specifically designed for the 1500 truck series and is one of the only options in the segment for diesel engine without upgrading to a 2500 or 3500 truck. The 2500 and 3500 series also comes with a 6.6 L V8 diesel engine auction that produces over 900 pound feet of torque.
GMC introduced their multipro tailgate for 2019 which allows you to open the tailgate in various steps so you can have more options to load cargo in your back truck, or step inside the bed. I can be used as a work bench in the field.
depending on the engine size your GMC Sierra will be able to tell from 7500 lb upwards of twenty thousand pounds on the commercial 2500 diesel engine trucks. This means that the GMC Sierra has the highest towing capacities out of any of the full size trucks in the segment.
The Sierra is a good truck if you were looking for a Workhorse and will actually be using it to toe and use in the job site or in construction. it is often found slightly more expensive on lease payment compared to the Ford F-150 with that is because you get a better powertrain system. You may want to opt for the Ford F-150 or Dodge Ram if you aren’t going to use the truck for towing.
The GMC Sierra is equivalent to the Chevrolet Silverado with slight differences in trim and base options available. These trucks come with similar powertrain and engine options that start at different price points.