2020 Compass Review Video
Vehicle Insurance Rates
Jeep Compass 2020 Canada specs:
Type: Mid Sized Crossover, 4 door
Seating: 5 passengers
Price: Starting from CDN $26,400
Fuel economy: 10.4 City/7.3 Litres per 100 km
Horsepower: 180 hp
Engine: 2.4L 4 Cylinder
Highlights for the Jeep Compass 2020
- Minor feature and package changes for the new model
- Second generation of Jeep Compass released in 2017 – refreshed for 2020 with new headlights and grille.
Pros & Cons
- Trailhawk version looks cool and adds off-road capability- however its low ground clearance is only slightly raised
- It has the Jeep Badge at a cheaper price point – although it doesn’t guarantee you’ll receive the ‘jeep wave’ from fellow drivers.
- 4 cylinder engine is weak considering how heavy the vehicle is
- small cargo area for an SUV
- transmission revs too much and feels lazy
- some 6 cylinder engines in this segment give better fuel economy and horsepower
At first look, the Compass 2020 seems like a versatile and fun offroading SUV that will get you a Jeep badge on an entry level budget. However with extremely poor base specs, a terrible leasing program, and much more reliable options in the segment, the Jeep Compass is an easy pass. If you’re considering other models, check out our complete article for deals on other makes and models.
Learn more about other 5 seater SUV’s.
Check out the official Jeep site.
See all the deals of the month on our main article.
Check out other models by Jeep.