Type: The GMC Acadia is a 5-7 seater SUV/crossover that sits between the GMC Terrain & Yukon in size. It is similar in size to the Kia Sorento, Chevrolet Traverse, Honda Pilot, Hyundai Santa Fe, Jeep Grand Cherokee, & Mazda CX9.
2020 Acadia Review Video
Vehicle Insurance Rates
The Acadia 2020 has last it’s place in GM’s 7 seater lineup. With far more cargo room available in the 2020 Traverse, for a cheaper base price – the GMC often comes up short in pricing for most months. This is a finance heavy vehicle, with below average resale value. If you’re looking for a well equipped 7 seater from GM, the XT6 lease payment is similar and provides better entry luxury.
Seating: 5-7 passengers
Price: CDN $37,098
Fuel economy: 11.3/8.9 L/100km (city/highway)
Horsepower: 230 hp – 310 hp
Engine: 2.5L Turbo 4 Cylinder or 3.6L V6 Engine, both with a 9 speed transmission
Highlights for the GMC Acadia 2020
- 2.0L Turbo engine provides better midrange engine performance
- Better fuel economy than last year’s model because of a 9 speed transmission compared to a 6 speed transmission
- Restyled front grille and flatter more aggressive looking front headlights
- Refreshed the 2017 second generation model styling
Pros & Cons
- V6 engine feels powerful and shifts well with the 9 speed transmission
- Driving quality feels excellent
- Tough to find availability of all available new trims
- Base engine is definitely not powerful enough for a full load
- Vehicle only feels well equipped on the Denali level
- The profile of the vehicle is smaller than its model prior to 2017- which means limited cargo space for a 7 seater, and a cramped 3rd row.
Learn more about other 5 seater SUV’s.
The Acadia is also available in a 6 or 7 seat configuration.
Check out the official GMC site.
See all the deals of the month on our main article.
Browse and compare all models by GMC.
Archived GMC Acadia 2020 Offers
Frequently Asked Questions
The Acadia is available in a Denali trim, which is the highest trim possible in the vehicle. The Denali trim actually tends to lease at a better residual rate than the middle trim (SLT), and is seasonally available for excellent lease payments. (In some cases better than a Toyota RAV4 or CRV, for way more equipment!)
The 2020 Acadia has been redesigned and now if it’s anywhere from 5 to 7 passengers depending on the seat configuration. Middle bench, no 3rd row, or middle captains chairs, and bench in back. It’s overall wheelbase is smaller than its prior year models, meaning that it is closer in size to the Chevrolet blazer.
The 2020 Acadia has two engine options if you need to tow or haul people around. the base 2.5L V4 engine is capable of towing a 1000 lbs, whereas the 3.6L V6 engine is capable of Towing up to 4000 lbs. It is available with 310 hp. the base V4 engine should not be towed with if you have a full load of passengers considering a full load of adults can weigh up to 800 pounds themselves.
The AT4 is mainly an appearance package on the Acadia featuring an upgraded front grille, rugged all terrain black tires & rims, roof racks and other accents across the car. unlike the 84 Sierra 1500 this vehicle does not come with a 2″ lift.
The base level of the Acadia is available in a 4×4 configuration.