The Hyundai Kona is a 5 seater crossover that is the smallest in Hyundai’s SUV/crossover lineup compared to the Tucson & Santa Fe. It is in the same category as the Chevrolet Trax, Buick Encore, Mazda CX 3.
Kona Review Video
Vehicle Insurance Rates
Hyundai Kona 2020 Canada specs:
Type: Compact Crossover
Seating: 5 passengers
Price: CDN $21,199
Fuel economy: 8.6/7.0/7.9L per 100km (city/hwy/combined)
Horsepower: 147 hp – 175 hp
Engine: 2.0L 4-cylinder or 1.6L Turbo 4-cylinder
The Kona’s upgraded Turbo engine makes lane changing much easier on the highway or during higher speeds and you’ll find better fuel economy.
Highlights for the 2020 Kona
- New additions to the top ‘Ultimate’ trim – including adaptive cruise control
Pros & Cons
- Heated steering wheel available in an inexpensive midrange trim on lease or finance
- Apple Carplay & Android Auto on base trims, with forward collision and heated seats standard
- Transmission is not consistently responsive
- Plastical feel in the interior
The Kona was given the ‘SUV of the year’ award in 2019 and still brings excellent value into 2020. If you are looking for the utility of an SUV and a upgrades like a heated steering without breaking the bank, then the Kona is a great option. If you want to learn about other brands and models, click here.
Learn more about other 5 seater SUV’s.
Check out the official Hyundai site.
See all the deals of the month on our main article.
Browse more models from Hyundai.